Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reflections against Bukit Batok Secondary School (Lhu Wen Kai)

I rate my performance at 10/10 again this time as I kept a clean sheet, along with a couple of good saves to put the icing on the cake. I will explain my rating thru a demerit point system (again). Firstly, and of course, I did not let in a goal. Secondly, I made a good call in the second half that covered the distance that Niklaus and ODS had earned for me that allowed me to comfortably scoop up the ball with two attackers charging. Thirdly, I learned from my mistake in the previous match and stand closer towards the far post, and indeed, there were two shots that were identical to the Choa Chu Kang match. I made both saves from both shots and narrowly tipped it towards the bar. There was also one where Mitchel tried to clear the ball after the ball hit the post after a save, but he did not kick far enough and the attacker found plenty of space to look and shoot. I make an excellent save with my shin guard to prevent a goal.


I thought that both Ming En and Eugene had a terrific game, along with JQ as they worked hard for the ball and chase after them. So this is a kind of improvement that the soccer team wants to see after committing the error in the previous match. Rayner was also commanding the right flank (goalkeeper’s view), and Bryan (OMG.) for the very first time, became the first ever player to know how to retreat when defending and made a couple of excellent calls to prevent them from crossing. Mitchel and other defenders also closed down the space that prevents the opponent from shooting in the second half, which I had to endure in the first half.


We need to obviously improve on our throw in, a our passing and our stamina as they are essentials that we are missing in this game, which unfortunately handed our potential match winner away.

No comments:

Post a Comment